Has anyone replaced the probe on a OWB Honeywell aquastat?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodlumn

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
The aquastat on my Heatmor 100CSS is dead. Removed it and the probe is extremely tarnished. I'll bet if I replaced the probe, it would be fine.

Is this possible? $100 for the entire unit vs. replace the damaged probe...

First chilly night of the season, happy fall!

The aquastat on my Heatmor 100CSS is dead. Removed it and the probe is extremely tarnished. I'll bet if I replaced the probe, it would be fine.

Is this possible? $100 for the entire unit vs. replace the damaged probe...

First chilly night of the season, happy fall!
My guess is that tarnished will not affect it's operation. I have had a little corrosion on the electrical terminals that can make the aquastat act a bit flaky. Also, the 120v terminal somewhat "fragile" on mine and I had to modify the circuit to use the 240v terminal wired to the 120v input. If you can't troubleshoot it then I would almost tend towards another entire unit (depending on the cost of a new probe) - then you will have a spare at least if the old one is still working. Good luck.

put never seaze in the probe hole. it will read the temp better.

I bought a used OWB a few years ago. I replaced the aquastat, fan and damper even though the guy said they worked fine. Didn't want to have to go searching for new ones because you just know it's gonna crap out on a sunday when everything is closed and in the middle of a big storm. Now at least I know how easy everything is to replace and know where I can get replacements if and when I need them. I did keep the old one and left it with the owb in the control box.

i would like to know what aquastat part number you go with because the 2 stats on my 200css are diff. and they show discontinued. i have been trying to email honeywell for the replacement numbers but havnt got a response yet (2emails). anything the heat wholesalers recommend top out at 240* .

Does anyone happen to know the Honeywell part number for the aquastat?
should be on the bottom of the aquastat. I'd check flea-bay. they go for around 50 bucks. I use one aquastat on my boiler. 2 aquastats to me is just one extra thing to go wrong. if your handy with wiring, you can set it to run off one aquastat. (just throwing an idea out there)

but to answer your original question I highly doubt you can change the bulb cause its likely a pressure switch. your hi/low aquastat is likely either L4006A, or L4007A.

here is some interesting info on aquastats.
https://customer.honeywell.com/resources/techlit/TechLitDocuments/60-0000s/60-2104.pdf

i would like to know what aquastat part number you go with because the 2 stats on my 200css are diff. and they show discontinued. i have been trying to email honeywell for the replacement numbers but havnt got a response yet (2emails). anything the heat wholesalers recommend top out at 240* .
if you are looking for an aquastat you can likely find one on the pdf link I posted. you can pick the options you need for your application

Latest posts

Back