Has anyone used the Billy Goat lawn vacuums?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAASTUMPSERVICE

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Do you think this machine would be useful for for cleaning up after stump grinding? Picking up chips with some dirt debris. In the video it show it picking up dry chips in pavement. It might be an easy way to do a final clean on the property's I work at.

I bought one of their pro vacuums when I had my lawn and landscape business. I used it for leaf cleanup. To be honest, it was a pain in the butt to use. It vacuums good, but the bag fills really fast. Then, you have to shut it down, unzip the outer bag, remove the inner bag, (Liner), tote it somewhere to dump, but inner bag in, zip up outer bag, and crank the machine back up. In one minute or so, you do the process all over again. I sold mine after just a few uses and was glad to be rid of it.
On stump grindings, I do not think it would work very well. Even in dry weather, I gat a lot of wet material from the stump area it seems. The machine does not like wet, damp, or clumping materials. I also get a lot dirt mixed with my grindings. The vacuum is not good at picking up heavy dirt particles.
The hose works only with very dry material. Anything damp will plug it in a hurry.
I suppose under ideal conditions, it could work ok. However, do not be fooled by that video. It is not as convenient to use as you might think. It was an expensive mistake for me.
Jeff

Don't forget nobody wants to be standing behind the machine eating dust all day.

Years ago, guy from the City tried to vac some chips up with the leaf vac machine. It had more than enough power / suction BUT the entire block was covered in dust -- street, cars in driveways, etc etc

Wasn't really worth the effort, I'm sure neighbors were pizzed off too about it

Yup, what everyone else has said. It will do the job but there are much better faster more efficient ways of doing it. You'd be better off getting a sweeper head for a trimmer.

My dad uses one solely for picking up acorns. Works great for that. As far as grindings go if you just used it as a final cleanup for those pristine lawns it would work great, but would be a pain in the rear if you tried to use it to clean it all up.

Latest posts

Back