Has the Stihl 201t been factory tweaked?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KenJax Tree

KenJax Tree

Terraphobic
The throttle response may get a tad better, and of course that is all the dealer may be able to do (EPA) but they are still way lean on the high side and miserable to run. Its a shame a dealer cant do the carb and exhaust work needed to bring them around. It isnt a 15-20 minute job.

I hope they get better out of the box, Im sure Stihl has lost some ground in the top handle market.

I'm not sure Stihl has lost ground yet but if the mystical T540xp ever comes out and it rips right out of the box Stihl will be in trouble in the top handle market.

indiansprings

indiansprings

Firewood Purveyor
I haven't seen any service update that backs this up.

What I'm telling guys using the 261 362 and 201's is run as much as possible to break them in.
After they've loosened up bring them back in I richen them up 1/8-1/4 on avg.

It seems like they're super tight from the factory and need more fuel.

Don't know that there is a service update out yet, this was at a regional Stihl update school on Friday that the info was put out.
They are also improving the material used in the black portion of the top handle as they have had a few break under normal use (not drops from trees).

Latest posts