Have 562XP - miss my MS 441 and looking at MS 461 ported by someone on this forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerdoug

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I had the MS 441 (Non Mtronic) and sold it in exchange for a ported 562Xp. I do love the 562, but I miss the power of the 441.

The other thing I really miss is the ease of swapping out chains. If they are dull, then I will change out the chain. I don't mess with sharpening on the saw.

If I get the 562 stuck in a tree, then I am not sure how I would get it off the bar.

Solution:

I am thinking of getting the 461 ported and run with 2 saws. Does anyone know if the 461 will get MTronic in the future? Your thoughts are welcome.

From what I was told a couple weeks ago no go on the mtronic for the 461.

How long can a saw last . . .

If a guy does the following, how long can a pro saw last?
  • Avoid cutting with a dull chain
  • Use ethonal free fuel and stabalizer and synthetic oil mix like AMSOIL
  • Cuts 8 cord a year on a single saw

If a guy does the following, how long can a pro saw last?
  • Avoid cutting with a dull chain
  • Use ethonal free fuel and stabalizer and synthetic oil mix like AMSOIL
  • Cuts 8 cord a year on a single saw

At that rate, 250 years+ or -. Pro saws are built to run 2000 hours if maintained properly.

Are you going to sell the ported 562xp ?

I had the MS 441 (Non Mtronic) and sold it in exchange for a ported 562Xp. I do love the 562, but I miss the power of the 441.

The other thing I really miss is the ease of swapping out chains. If they are dull, then I will change out the chain. I don't mess with sharpening on the saw.

If I get the 562 stuck in a tree, then I am not sure how I would get it off the bar.

Solution:

I am thinking of getting the 461 ported and run with 2 saws. Does anyone know if the 461 will get MTronic in the future? Your thoughts are welcome.

forget the ported 461, get a ported 372 save some money and have a better running lighter saw. but thats my opinion

The 562 is a real hotrod but it won't out cut a 441c I have ran them side by side to see. I have am about 99% sure a ported 372 won't outcut a ported 461. Many will say they will but in 24" oak my ported 460 was dead even and if anything slightly ahead of the 372. Under 20" the 372 was faster. Bigger wood the 460 would pull ahead so I assume the 461 would as well.

Different animals. The 562 Terry did for me is really strong. The 461 that Randy did is real real close to the 390 that he also did for me, and it flat out works!!! I just need to get to run my new 372 to see how it fits.

I've ported dozens of both........they are two different animals.

I've run lots of 372s and a few 461s. The 372s might win in a cookie cutting contest but as a work saw the 461 was much more forgiving.

Solution:

The 461 weighs 15 lbs PHO.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 47

Latest posts

Back