Have a great Memorial Day weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrappieKeith

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Yukon Furnaces wants to wish everyone a great Memorial Day holiday. We hope it is a fun safe holiday for you and your family.

We also want to thank all of the brave men and women who are or have served this great country of ours.
We owe you our respect and we honor you and those that have put their lives on the line for our country in times of need protectecting our way of life and the freedoms we all enjoy.

We know full well that these freedoms did not come cheaply nor will they endure without our armed services on the front line in harms way protecting us all.
God Bless!

I have one kid at Ft. Benning going through infantry AIT and my youngest leaves for bootcamp on Tuesday. It makes you think about Memorial Day.

Thanks, MJR. The kid is doing fine at Benning. He was in Iraq with the 82nd, so he is no stranger to heat and misery. At least no one is shooting at him there! The youngest is going to Ft. Jackson, SC. I have been giving him fits about all the heat/humidity he will ge dealing with-not to mention the snakes!!

Thank You

A grateful "thank you" to all of the vets out there.

We've lost all of our WWI vets and the WWII vets are leaving us ever faster. The last of my family's WWII vets just passed away two weeks ago. Great man, great stories.

The Korea & Vietnam folk are moving into their twighlight years also.

Thank you again, and please share your stories if you can.

:cheers:

My Grandfather passed last week, WW2. My Father passed four years ago, Vietnam. I put my time in after college. I felt I had to do / needed to / wanted to. I wish more felt the same. I hope you all enjoy your family this weekend.

Michael

Thank you

To any current or former members of our US military - thank you for your service! For anyone that has family currently deployed, I have the utmost respect for your family.

Everyone enjoy the weekend, and remember why we get to enjoy the freedoms that we have here in the US.

I was talking to my dad (WWII Navy) when he came for my kid's graduation last week and he said that 16 members of our immediate family have served in the military. There are actually many more counting cousins etc.

I am proud that both of my boys are continuing this tradition. It is a national disgrace that fewer than 5 percent of the people in this country have stepped up and served in the military.

I, personally, felt that it was mine and everyone elses duty to do so. Times are a changin' and not for the better. :cry:

I have one kid at Ft. Benning going through infantry AIT and my youngest leaves for bootcamp on Tuesday. It makes you think about Memorial Day.

Hat's off to you and your boys! My wife and I were both in the USAF and my dad was in the Marine Corp, so basically I was in boot camp until I went into the AF. ;)

Have a great weekend everyone and don't forget those who have fought for our freedom!

Some years ago, when giving our son a going away party as he was entering the Army, we staged a photo of all the military vets who were at that party. After we thought about it a bit, every single family in attendance had at least one member (and some had more) who had served and all branches were represented: Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines. That was an awesome photo and awesome representatives!

Shari

Back