Having problems with a brand new Walbro WJ-76 running rich.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chevy928

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello there I am having problems a brand new walbro WJ-76 running to rich at 11,200 rmp with the H screw max out on a fresh rebuilt 066 & I even tried it on a 064 I have & it still won't lean out pass 11,000 rmp. Thinking of just going with the wj67 or the Tillotson Carburetor HS-320A. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Check your metering lever height. Should be able to find it at the Walbro site. Typically the center that the diaphragm hits is even with the height of the slot it is in. But, they are not all that way. Almost has to be the diaphragm laying on it

I suppose wherever it is you could bend it down a little and try it.

Be interesting if there is any fuel seeping out of the carb when the saw is sitting with pressure built up in the tank.

Tha
Check your metering lever height. Should be able to find it at the Walbro site. Typically the center that the diaphragm hits is even with the height of the slot it is in. But, they are not all that way. Almost has to be the diaphragm laying on it
Thanks I will look into that.👍

Hello there I am having problems a brand new walbro WJ-76 running to rich at 11,200 rmp with the H screw max out on a fresh rebuilt 066 & I even tried it on a 064 I have & it still won't lean out pass 11,000 rmp. Thinking of just going with the wj67 or the Tillotson Carburetor HS-320A. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
A WJ —67 with a.64 jet is standard on a dual port muffler 066/660 and is what you want unless the saw is heavily ported.

What altitude are you at? I agree with Old2Stroke, you probably have a semi fixed jet with an adjustable H screw.

If that carb has a main jet check valve with a hole in the centre, it has a fixed jet feed that delivers a base amount of fuel not controlled by the adjuster screw and the jet might just be too big for that saw.
This one has the 0.76mm main jet which is 0.10mm larger than the std carb which is fitted in most of the 064, 066 and 660 saws

Latest posts

Back