Heads Up to People in Northeast

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A. Stanton

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I heard that we might be in for a pretty good period of icing the end of this week. I ran out to my local Stihl dealer and bought the last container of winter bar oil on his shelf. Maybe some free firewood acoming.

If the crap we got today is heading your way, yep... Darn good chance for ice over your way.

Rain and 30 degrees. Now we have 10" of frozen slush on top of mud.

Don't forget to stock up on Jerkey and Beer!;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I want snow! yea the forecast for the next week doesn't look all that great I'll have to keep an eye on craigslist for downed trees.

the weather says rain but with frozen ground it looks to me like a lot of ice coming and some iceed up trees with broken tops. hmm I've got the oil and gas ready .:chainsawguy:

Green

My lawn is still greenish in Eastern Oregon.

The local ski resorts are hurting.

Guess we'll pay later down on the flats.
For now, I love it.

1" of ice sounds like stock up on essentials like chips and dip.

Nothing like a nice 30-35 degree Ohio temp. swing in a little over 24 hours. Had the stove pumping the night before last, windows cracked last night and will be back to pumping the stove tonight. Gotta love it.

Was 55 when I left my house this morning in S NE. Strong winds last night... passed a bunch of downed powerlines on my way into work (it was a smallish white pine, unfortunately, but I did check, lol).

I've got plenty of beer on hand............

But i might need more chip n dip by the weekend. I suppose a wise man would double check to make sure he had enough gas for the generator! A wise man might also take the time to pull his trusty dump trailer out from under that marginal maple tree where its currently parked......

But i might need more chip n dip by the weekend. I suppose a wise man would double check to make sure he had enough gas for the generator! A wise man might also take the time to pull his trusty dump trailer out from under that marginal maple tree where its currently parked......

Hey, I've got a cheese room in my house that stays about 45 degrees with no refrigeration with lots of homebrew beer, a wood stove and I just made about 10 quarts of minestrone. I have a week's worth of wood in the wood box. That's all I need for preparedness :D

Thursday Ice

Ch 25 Boston calling for ICE Thursday afternoon into Fri AM then sunny. You gotta love the 59F temp....2 days ago it was 9F. You gotta love all the mud! With gasoline at $1.53 a gallon all my jugs for Genset are full. If cutting iced trees WATCH for SPRINGS !!!!! They Will bite you !!!!

You guys could have a beach party, it was minus -8 f here this morning, first real cold blast so far. We have about 4 inches on the ground and 3-4 more coming today. I'm getting the snowmobiles ready.
:cheers:

Am i the only one that just mixes a little 30 weight motor oil in the bar oil jug for winter? Seems to work fine & i don't have to keep 2 different jugs of bar oil on hand, since there is always motor oil in the shop.

RD

I usually use the WM 30 wt bar oil in the winter, seems to work fine.

For cutting std bar oil, try thinning it with a little kero... it works excellent.

Latest posts

Back