Hearthstone Heritage help.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingeryote

Blueberry Baron
Reaction score
Granny(The MIL) has been burning in a early model 8021, and being old school, simply tossed the "Newfangled" bits that wore out, and kept burning in the thing, until I noticed some "Spare parts" the baffle bracket and the bottom grate missing. :eek:

I have eyeballed the parts illustration drawings, but they are limited in indicating what all the old gal busted and tossed.

Does anyone have internal pics of their stove they could share?

It looks like the Baffle Bracket is part of the baffle kit, or the kits comes with it. The IPL doesn't show the 8021 having the bracket, but its a retro fit with the new baffle kit. The new baffle I installed came with all new bits....

Bottom grate... Does the stove have an ash pan with door?

It looks like the Baffle Bracket is part of the baffle kit, or the kits comes with it. The IPL doesn't show the 8021 having the bracket, but its a retro fit with the new baffle kit. The new baffle I installed came with all new bits....

Bottom grate... Does the stove have an ash pan with door?

Thanks for the info!

Hers does have an ash pan, with a grate and a lever that makes no sense, probably because it's missing something or another.

On the 8022, the ash pan kit consists of the grate that sits in the stove, and a shaker grate accessible only when the door is open. When the ash pan door is closed, the lower grate blocks off the grooves in the upper grate keeping everything in the stove.

It looks like on the 8021 there is a separate rod that connects to the lower grate to pull it out allowing the grooves to line up. If its likes the 8022, it just pulls the lower grate forward maybe an inch or so and then should stop. Part number 56 on the 8021 IPL.... And if you look at part number 81, you can see the groove in the middle where the rod likely attaches....

http://hearthstonetech.com/#/ipls-by-stove/4575895054

On the 8022, the ash pan kit consists of the grate that sits in the stove, and a shaker grate accessible only when the door is open. When the ash pan door is closed, the lower grate blocks off the grooves in the upper grate keeping everything in the stove.

It looks like on the 8021 there is a separate rod that connects to the lower grate to pull it out allowing the grooves to line up. If its likes the 8022, it just pulls the lower grate forward maybe an inch or so and then should stop. Part number 56 on the 8021 IPL.... And if you look at part number 81, you can see the groove in the middle where the rod likely attaches....

http://hearthstonetech.com/#/ipls-by-stove/4575895054

Yep! that makes sense. It looks like she tossed her upper grate, and will have to be replaced.

Thanks Casey!!

Latest posts

Back