Heating Bedrooms (or Not ) Poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do You Heat Bedrooms ?

• NO ! We heat only where we spend time...awake. Open windows, down comforters, be healthy ( OP bias )

Votes: 38 43.7%
  • None of your business, this is personal you fool.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I want sleeping at least at 70 F...it's holy.

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • Sometimes.

Votes: 20 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have a fan in our bedroom window to pull in fresh air, doesn't matter how cold it is outside. It has been known to get below freezing in there. we don't mind since we used to go camping all year round...with no tent. We sleep real good with fresh, cool air.

Bedroom here gets heat when the door is open. Closed, no heat. We only have a small three room cabin, heater in the living room, bedroom off of that. Most of the time the bedroom stays fairly cold in there. GF mostly keeps that door shut so no wood smoke smells or stinky cigar smells get in there ;)

There is a duct in the bedroom and when the blower is running some heat gets up there. Not much. By morning mid to low 50's is typical. Bathroom too, but there is an old built-in radiant electric heater in there.

never really considered whether I heat the bedrooms or not...my aim is to heat the thermostat to the electric furnace so that money-sucker doesn't even think of turning on!

well...I take part of that back...when there's a baby, I make sure that room is warm

took the wife a couple years to get used to the uneven heat a woodstove puts out...now she's a believer!

Iska3 when the wife puts the pillow over your head she is not trying to keep you warm. Don't ask how I know.:laugh: We keep it 72 with an owb 24-7 bedrooms and all.

72 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder..............Fife. Please PM for a referral.

During breeding season, sheepherders worldwide in extremely hot climes will cool the rams' certain parts with dripping waterbags in order to encourage fertility. Just thought you'd like to have this information Fife.

72 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder..............Fife. Please PM for a referral.

During breeding season, sheepherders worldwide in extremely hot climes will cool the rams' certain parts with dripping waterbags in order to encourage fertility. Just thought you'd like to have this information Fife.

Way too old for more kids. But I still like to try once an awhile.:laugh:

#1. I can't sleep when it's hot. The bedroom door is as much to keep the heat out as it is for privacy.

Same here. Can't sleep if it's to warm in the bedroom. I stoke the fire pretty good just before I go to bed. But I close the bedroom door about an hour before I go to bed so it starts to cools down a bit in there.

Don <><

attachment.php

Don, you gotta go cut another load of wood. That picture's three months old....:laugh:

Must have one of them newfangled 99.9999% efficient stoves that only burns a truckload a season.

No wonder he's got that sneaky grin.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

No, but wife has banned me from bringing the moisture meter to bed.

...and don't even try banging two splits together to learn anything. That will only get ya banished to the couch.

Bedroom doors stay open at the far end of the house. Small child sleeps in room closest to stove, baby in our room, and some heat is required to keep plumbing in back bathroom from freezing. But temps above 64 in the bedroom lead to night sweats and poor sleep so I've been known to close the door during the night.

Wife and I like the bedroom cool, but not like ice! My elderly mother, on the other hand, likes her room like a sauna. I use an electric space heater in her room for those really cold nights.

We have a brand new house with radiant floor heat in every room except the bedrooms, by design, and it works great. The house is at 72 day and night. It's the way to go. If SHE gets cold, i'm only a foot away.;)
p.s. i installed radiant floor heat in the dog house, as overheat circuit for wood boiler, and he and the cats seem to love it, so I guess my vote is no but the dog votes yes

Latest posts

Back