heating garage(man cave)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyman666

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So my toy room is gonna be over top of my garage. Its a 2.5 car double deep fairly large garage. I would think that my best bet would be radiant in floor heat that heats the second floor? Then some heat would residually heat the first floor wouldnt it? I would like to heat the first floor a bit to keep the chill off of the corvette. Saw some pex on craigslist and wanted to jump on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated:rock:

I think if you put a wood stove on the first floor, you should be fine. Maybe run some venting to the second level. Remember, heat rises, so it will take a while for the first floor to heat up if you have the heat coming from the second floor.

In that .5 section of garage put in a Tim Taylor sized wood stove. That should keep you warm upstairs and the vettes oil at operating temp all the time:clap:

Could not resist:taped:

Check with local code and your insurance co. before putting a wood stove in your garage. Usually that's a no go. :dizzy:
I think heating the 2nd floor/ceiling is a good choice. Heat the Man Town and chase it with beer.. The garage should be secondary, imo.

Last edited:
The Herd

Woodman,

Your plan to heat your man cave is do-able. I have radiant floor heat in the floor (main floor) of my house. The floor heat radiates down and warms my basement nicely. One point to consider is that if you put a ceiling in your garage it could and probably will block the heat from radiating down and warming your vette.

Alan

Thanks tree co i started reading and i was like what a waste of time its an outdoor boiler..... I dont get herds reply tho Yes it has a ceiling.. Second floor is all insulated and will have all knotty pine over that. Has two skylights but also nicley installed and tight. Could easily insulate first floor if i needed. Figure radiant method would make this project easier and cheaper with just radiant pex and no need for another heat xchnger unit... biggest cost urethane insulated pipe 75 feet. Any talk also lately on any low cost underground pipe that actually works? Havent been on in a while had a new baby this year...

Latest posts

Back