Hello everyone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

down2077

Mechanic by trade firewood by night.
Reaction score
Hello to everyone I'm 46 and live in Warren Michigan and work for city of Detroit as a mechanic on Harley Davidson police bikes, cars and trucks. I'm ASE master advanced level diagnostics certified mechanic. I've been off work for 6 months battling nodal marginal zone lymphoma or non hodgkins lymphoma. Going back to work on January 22nd. I used to work for a tree company as a groundsmen for a couple years and did try climbing once and decided it wasn't for me. Still enjoy cutting splitting firewood for home heating and bonfire. I have a question about an old Stihl 031av that was my father's. I've converted it to electronic ignition cuz I couldn't find a condenser that went out on it and now runs great. My question is did Stihl ever produce parts in Sweden cuz the 16" bar that's on it is stamped 3003 003 8913. Made in Sweden. Thanks to everyone in advance.

You will find yourself in good company here, as there are a number of very talented folks here, especially with regard to Stihl parts. Now I have no reason to think otherwise, and if it says "made in Sweden" it probably was.

Hello to everyone I'm 46 and live in Warren Michigan and work for city of Detroit as a mechanic on Harley Davidson police bikes, cars and trucks. I'm ASE master advanced level diagnostics certified mechanic. I've been off work for 6 months battling nodal marginal zone lymphoma or non hodgkins lymphoma. Going back to work on January 22nd. I used to work for a tree company as a groundsmen for a couple years and did try climbing once and decided it wasn't for me. Still enjoy cutting splitting firewood for home heating and bonfire. I have a question about an old Stihl 031av that was my father's. I've converted it to electronic ignition cuz I couldn't find a condenser that went out on it and now runs great. My question is did Stihl ever produce parts in Sweden cuz the 16" bar that's on it is stamped 3003 003 8913. Made in Sweden. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Welcome aboard!

How is the midrange in the newest bikes, getting better?
I'd imagine they get 1400cc models now days.

Likely... if it says Made in Sweden. Old bar had the cool markings. Most were hard-nosed no sprocket.
Newest bikes Detroit has are 2017 electraglide mid range is good. But the Milwaukee 8 motors have bad oil pumps. Harley knows about it and changed the design in 2019.

Latest posts

Back