Hello from East TN

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spots

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm hoping the off topic forum will work for a intro thread. I found this forum researching boots awhile back, and after checking it out I finally decided to sign up. I'm not a tree faller by profession, I just learned it from my dad. I got out of the Marines last year, and since then have been spending alot more time with my old man trying to learn. We use draft horses to do some logging, and have built several small (18-24 x 20-30 or so) log buildings, along with him building thebhouse I grew up in and my sisters house using timber from our land. I get together with him and practice climbing pretty often, and we have saved several thousand dollars by dropping some trees on the property that were threating buildings. We are a Husky family, running a 3120 xp, and a 371 xp for bigger stuff, and a T435 arbor saw for working up in the trees. We are pretty do it yourself, we garden and log with drafts, do alot of wood working and blacksmith work, as well as just about anything else that needs done. Anyways Im glad to be here, and hope to keep my mouth shut and my eyes and ears open and see if I cant learn alot from you gents and ladies. Thanks for having me guys

Heres a pic of me up in a small maple last Sunday. Don't laugh, I know its not much, but it was good practice.

20130728_175048_zps31214eaf.jpg

And heres our Belgian Big John pulling tater plow duty

2012-09-01_08-23-30_449.jpg

And just for kicks, a picture from when I was in on leave from the Marines with the old 3120

leavedec17th-jan6th055.jpg

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! You signed up a tad too late, we just had a GTG down the road from you at Terry Landrum's in Wartburg.

Welcome!! There are several of us East, Tennesseeans on here. Draft horse logging would be pretty cool. At one time my dad had 13 Belgians, but it got too expensive to feed them. Thank you for your military service!

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome!

Welcome aboard! You signed up a tad too late, we just had a GTG down the road from you at Terry Landrum's in Wartburg.

I'm always a day late and a dollar short, but Ill try to catch everyone on the next go round.

Welcome!! There are several of us East, Tennesseeans on here. Draft horse logging would be pretty cool. At one time my dad had 13 Belgians, but it got too expensive to feed them. Thank you for your military service!

Glad to know theres some good old TN boys here. We only run a single draft now due to feed cost and time.

howdy from just down the rd

Spots originally posted in the Off Topic. I figured I better move him up here before he gets the wrong idea about this place. :laugh:

Ive got thick skin, but thanks for protecting me lol :D

Welcome. Not many show up here showing off one of the only saws they own being a 3120. Thats a good start but where do you go from there? :chainsaw: . Apparently tennesee is the chainsaw meca of the world. I suspect you will be getting to know some of your neighbors and will have some port work done soon enough. :smile2:

Welcome. Not many show up here showing off one of the only saws they own being a 3120. Thats a good start but where do you go from there? :chainsaw: . Apparently tennesee is the chainsaw meca of the world. I suspect you will be getting to know some of your neighbors and will have some port work done soon enough. :smile2:

I plan to do some mods soon, my old man keeps most stuff stock, mainly due to the cost of mods, but I'm a tinkerer. Id love to find a good saw guy to help me with the mods, Im an ase mechanic and handh with a wrench, but havent done enough research on what its gonna take to wake that poor emissions choked husky up. The 371 xp gets more use than any other saw in the stable. That 3120 is nice, but just to heavy for most stuff, and overkill for smaller stuff. My next saw is gonna be a 395 I do believe.

You can find a good chainsaw man just down the road in Wartburg. There is another one a little farther down the road near Jamestown, but he is currently fustrated.

Would that be terry landrum as mentioned above?

Latest posts

Back