helo's and tree removals

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastmaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This thread has no real value I guess, but Wow, while checking out a video in the injury and accident section I noticed a you tube video of a helicopter removal. I am impressed and envious. How cool is that. I have watched timber being air lifted, and i have removed aircraft from the sides of mountains with helicopters, but a helo removal would be something for the resume. Anyone here ever do one?

This thread has no real value I guess, but Wow, while checking out a video in the injury and accident section I noticed a you tube video of a helicopter removal. I am impressed and envious. How cool is that. I have watched timber being air lifted, and i have removed aircraft from the sides of mountains with helicopters, but a helo removal would be something for the resume. Anyone here ever do one?

can't think of the guys name but i know hew you are talking about. Older guy and an impressive climber. He has another really cool video on tri vect rigging.

Sounds pretty cool, I would pass though. I did a small amount of heli logging and branches and snags and everything else starts blowing around when that bird drops the longline in. That was probably the most physically demanding job I have ever had, steep ground , deep snow, and alot of those god awful chokers that always seemed to get dropped in a nasty pile of slash. Super dangerous and super fun.

heli job

[video=youtube_share;JNcS4LEf2d8]http://youtu.be/JNcS4LEf2d8[/video]

this it? i saw it three days ago still in disbelief.. nasty tree that thing is toast..looks like its all rigged and the heli pulls it away from u and cut it loose, something about being tied to a tree with a helicopter tied to the other end, good to have gas in your chainsaw and cutting good..!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back