"help" hopping up a 028!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROGER.ALLEN

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hi guys'i need some of you help making a hot rod 028,what other cyl.,and pistons,will fit, is there any crankcase work and cramk work that you do,and what carb would work good,i have already piped the exhust.now it`s time for the hard stuff,lol:eek:

If it is not an 028 Super yet, make it one. I believe the Super had a bigger piston for 3 more cc's

You can also shave a little off the base of the jug for more compression. Make sure you run premium gas on this modification

Open up the intake by porting and gasket matching, also remove the choke assembly (in the filter i think?) and find some sort of velocity stack.

Ask the Stihl guys if you can use any 038 parts, they may fit.

Call Ken Dunn for a tuned pipe

This ought to keep you busy for a couple days

028 hopping up

thanks huskyman'
hoe hight can you raise the exhust and how low can you take the intake?,can any 1 shead any light on what 036/038 parts my fit,and what kinda head clearence can i run ,for gas. i know on the open 2-cycle kart motor`s i`ve done ,you don`t want to got under .030, piston to headand about 8cc,of head vol. ,but that running alky.

thanks
r.allen

028 hopping up

no not yet it`s my winter project, it`s piped ,just mot ported,lol, may sed it off,who can do the mods, and what kinda money am i talking????

Email DozerDan on this site. He's near you in PA and responds quickly to emails. He also has a good reputation, just not as talkative as Dennis. :p

Roger,

I just finished my 066, and took .012 off the jug base. I didn't raise the ports, and there's a big difference in the compression. The saw seems to run fine without re-touching the ports.

Joe

Back