Help ID this 075-076?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayh56757

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I bought this to restore, but think I might sell it. I've Seen quite a few helpful posts on identifying these, but want to make sure. A very light s/n looks like 338352099.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
Here you see the manual oiler located under the handle bar.hqdefault (1).jpg

051?

c3870fa8845269495bfb9b30a7e62482.jpg

Edit

Added another pic of a newer 051 that matches OPs better.

eb9f318b257dd2f3bc94a0bbd35c921c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks like the TS-760 cut-off saw to me. It has the cut-off saw intake manifold and that purple sticker on the side of the handle frame were used on the demo saws of that era. Someone may have started to convert it- check to see if it has a regular chainsaw sprocket or the grooved pulley style clutch drum that would use the drive belt.

Brazilian-made 076 is the only thing I can think of. There are several detail difference with German-made one and like the 051 it has been kept in production so long there have been changes during the production run (and I think the 051 is still manufactured down there).

It was a cut off saw and has the belt pulley. Would make a heck of a mini bike engine. I Was told an aftermarket company converted them from regular saws. What would it take to convert back?

Back