Help Identifying Sachs-Dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adammarinette

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
First off, I blame you fine folks. I never would have taken interest in older saws had it not been for you guys on talking them up all the time. Sometimes I get the feeling old saws are like an old hunting dog to some of you. I can certainly appreciate the fondness. With that said, I have come across a slightly older Sachs-Dolmar from my girlfriends dad. I believe that he is trying to sell it to me. I would like to see if any one on here could help me identify it, and give out any other helpful information.

He thinks it is a 120 Super, I would tend to agree by looking at other posts and pictures. however, there is not serial number or model number that I could find. I saw somewhere on here that it was behind the chain cover. If it is a 120 Super, I would like to know what years they were made, what size is the engine, and if it was new enough to have a nikasil bore? I would like to hear about any other experience anyone has had with these saws. Here are some pictures to help you out. Thanks in advance for the help, and I have enjoyed reading the stories you guys post.

Last edited:
It is indeed a Sachs Dolmar 120 super. The serial number is stamped into the right side crankcase above the bar mounting pad just to the outside of the muffler on the unpainted patch of mag. The saw has what looks like a Old banana nose Echo Bar D176 It should have a K095 or CJL bar. Also beware the clutch hub is broken in 2 places and that will make one heck of a vibration. The saw is 4.15 cubic inch or 68cc it is the model prior to the 120si which had improved ignition, carburation, and crankcase designs as well as a heavier duty chainbrake. In its day it was one heck of a runner the approximate year of the saw is 1987+/-

Scott

wow, nice catch on the clutch. I looked that saw over today, and did not catch that. That's why I am the newb and you are the pro. Thanks for the info and the quick replies. i will have to see about getting parts. Our local Dolmar dealer just went under.

My first post on this forum, just signed up. Greetings from Finland, Europe. Need help identifying this Sachs-Dolmar. http://www.tori.fi/pohjois-pohjanmaa/Moottorisaha_Sachs_Dolmar_14895781.htm?ca=1&w=3

Has a black top and black rear handle. The seller could´nt remember the model. I told him to look at the sticker on rear handle. Can you ID a Sachs-Dolmar by serial number?

I´m particularly interested of saws 60cc and -> ´cos they tend to be very rare here. There are hundreds or thousands saws for sale all the time, but they are mainly 35-50 cc:s.

Currently i have a Partner R17 and two Jonsereds 630.

Can't see the pic?

5928814950.jpg

5958944563.jpg

^ It seems so, because the rear handle is magnesium?! I´ve only seen these pictures and i´m not familiar w/ these older Dolmars.

Sorry if I did something terribly wrong - "necroposting"...

From what I can see that saw is a 114, they are a bit older than the 116 and 112. The rear handle, front handle and chainbrake flag and round exhaust tube side directed muffler all say 114 to me.

You guys are "AWESOME! " Every time that I think that I am getting smarter, you show me that I'm just a beginner. We really do appreciate the knowledge.

Latest posts

Back