Help, I've Got Flippy Cap Withdrawl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ralph in MN

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just did a trade from my MS280c to a 362 XP. I don't have any more Creamsicle and flippy cap saws.
I tried having a brew to take the edge of but its not working! NMURPH, Saw Troll, Somebody tell me how to get thru this.

No More Saws This Year

I have promised myself that I will not get CAD andy I'm sticking to it. Money is tight and I can retire in October, so no big purchases and Stihls seem do be more money {notice used saw purchase, they don't make 362's anymore, been replaced by 562's}

I had one flippy cap saw for a very brief time. You'll be ok.

I wish my huskys had flippy caps. And I'm completely serious about that

Also completely serious: you could order the new Husqy "flippy caps" as used on recent saws. Only drawback for you- the flip-up part is just a handle to ease twisting the cap. They won't randomly water-proof your chaps/boots. :msp_rolleyes:

Go get 'em. :hmm3grin2orange:

Also completely serious: you could order the new Husqy "flippy caps" as used on recent saws. Only drawback for you- the flip-up part is just a handle to ease twisting the cap. They won't randomly water-proof your chaps/boots. :msp_rolleyes:

Go get 'em. :hmm3grin2orange:

yep, that's on my to do list actually. They won't be as good as the stihl caps but at least it's a start.

I dunno, I'm running 4 flippy stihl saws and a flippy cap trimmer and haven't had a flippy cap incident. I believe 99% of flippy cap incidents are operator error :):hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: The O-rings going bad is a valid complaint, but Husky O -rings go bad too....

Latest posts

Back