Help me read my plugs...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Okay pros... I'm learning, but this one's got me a little stumped.

These are 2 plugs from different saws, but with the same result. Neither will run and neither show visible spark.

I reckon this one is just too rich and fouled out. The white scuff on the ceramic is due to me sanding the electrodes to no avail. It's out of the muff modded 141 on 100LL and I was conservative on my carb setting.
IMG_1531.jpg

This one has me stumped. What's going on here? This one is out of the 372 with jungle muff and a conservative tune. The limiter tabs are not trimmed, but I verified that I have not maxed the available tuning limits as is. This saw is also on 100LL.
IMG_1530.jpg

Both saws have had a couple tanks through them set this way with no trouble until tonight. I set them by ear and verified by tach where I was at. Just under 13000 on both. I'm getting new plugs tomorrow and will check things out with new ones.

I guess my main concern is that I'm too lean on the 372. I would rather foul a bunch of plugs and back into my tune than do it the other way.

Thanks in advance guys.

Latest posts

Back