Help moving OWB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robsco

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I need to move my boiler this spring and I am wondering if the elevation of boiler vs. the elevation of piping and heat exchangers matters? It seems to me that if the vent pipe on boiler is lower than the piping the water will just run out of vent. Is this the case and would simply extending the vent solve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sure an expert will chime in, but it sounds like you need a check valve of some sort. I would think there is a better way than raising the vent pipe. I'm sure someone has dealt with this before. JMO, Good luck

Not sure I really understand the problem. I heat a 2 story house with base boards that are way above my boiler. I have no issues.

I agree with pwl the top of our OWB is way below the first floor of the one house we heat not to mention the second floor.

It is like holding your finger on a straw The line going up to the high side is in water so nothing will happen

I agree with pwl the top of our OWB is way below the first floor of the one house we heat not to mention the second floor.

Is your OWB a sealed system (like heatmor) or open vented? Maybe nothing will happen I,m just trying to be sure before I lower it. Don,t want any suprises.

The air vent should be at the highest point in the plumbing. These Pumps need head pressure they like to push not pull.

OWB's are for the most part open systems. In theory, the water should not come back down, but any leak at the top, or syphoning of any type can cause the water level to drop. Put the check valves in, or use an HX, and fill/pressurize the higher loop(s).

Latest posts

Back