Help Ms 660 or 650 !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NuConcepts

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
so i have a stihl that some one sharpied ms660 on i just want to be certain it is infact a 660 without measuring the bore. can any one help me. the number under the saw is 112101 on the metal piece. or is there any cosmetic differences between the too. when i looked up the number it said 026 there is no way possible i have the saw on ebay and a few people asked me the question . im not sure if im allowed to post the ebay link but
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270645176565&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

if any one could help thanks

Last edited:
so i have a stihl that some one sharpied ms660 on i just want to be certain it is infact a 660 without measuring the bore. can any one help me. the number under the saw is 112101. or is there any cosmetic differences between the too. thanks

Measure the bore. All ya have to do is pull the muffler, insert some solder until it touches the other side of the bore, and gently roll the engine over until the piston makes a little ding in the solder.

Pull the solder out and measure with a caliper. Then you will know for sure.

Measure the bore. All ya have to do is pull the muffler, insert some solder until it touches the other side of the bore, and gently roll the engine over until the piston makes a little ding in the solder.

Pull the solder out and measure with a caliper. Then you will know for sure.

Yup, this would be a great way to measure it. A 650 piston will be 52mm, a 660 is 54mm.

None of the 066/660 saws have flippy caps. Heres my 660 without flippys. '09 model.
100_1064-3.jpg

Latest posts

Back