Help! Need an intake boot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpikeDmax

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an intake boot for an 028 (believe an 031 will work also). I've tried ebay for a couple weeks without any luck, hoping someone here can help.

Thanks,
John

chainsaw.jpg

Anyone have an intake boot for an 028 (believe an 031 will work also). I've tried ebay for a couple weeks without any luck, hoping someone here can help.

Thanks,
John

chainsaw.jpg

1118-141-2200 at your Stihl dealer, they are still available, $31.00

Note: The 028 is on its last leg far as parts go. Cylinders, pistons and carbs are about out from Stihl. Its a old saw..

Good luck finding one. I had to order new a couple of weeks ago, and yes to the tune of $31.

Don't feel bad. I got a nice used 028 this past Saturday for 20.00. In real good shape. Needs a cylinder/piston. Went to order one and got a surprize from Stihl, there isn't anymore. Same with the carb. Guess I'll have to wait for some customer to run over one so I can talk him out of it,LOL

Don't feel bad. I got a nice used 028 this past Saturday for 20.00. In real good shape. Needs a cylinder/piston. Went to order one and got a surprize from Stihl, there isn't anymore. Same with the carb. Guess I'll have to wait for some customer to run over one so I can talk him out of it,LOL

WB or Super??

WB or Super??

WB but a later one, no points, has the electronic iginition thank goodness. I was gonna put a Super jug and piston on it but Stihl tells me not from us, those low lifes,LOL I got another Super as well out in the shed that I've never gotten around to messing with. Also have one Super thats sweet. Runs great. I like those 028's.

WB but a later one, no points, has the electronic iginition thank goodness. I was gonna put a Super jug and piston on it but Stihl tells me not from us, those low lifes,LOL I got another Super as well out in the shed that I've never gotten around to messing with. Also have one Super thats sweet. Runs great. I like those 028's.

Me too. built like a tank. If stihl would bring them back today, they would sell a ton. At least 1 to me.

Me too. built like a tank. If stihl would bring them back today, they would sell a ton. At least 1 to me.

No kidding, they are great saws. Starting to see more in the shop now that they are getting way up in years. Many look like pure hell but run fine. I get told do to it whatever it needs. People don't mind putting some bucks in them to keepem going, not all saws get that from their owners. Its been a work horse for many people for many many years..

No kidding, they are great saws. Starting to see more in the shop now that they are getting way up in years. Many look like pure hell but run fine. I get told do to it whatever it needs. People don't mind putting some bucks in them to keepem going, not all saws get that from their owners. Its been a work horse for many people for many many years..

My neigbor has a nice one, a super none the less, that im trying to aquire. He's the kinda guy that puts his bar oil in with a funnel, you know the ones afraid to get her dirty. Im trying to convince him he needs a newer, faster, lighter saw, and I will take that old, slow, outdated saw off his hands for a small fee, but I dont think he is buying it.

My neigbor has a nice one, a super none the less, that im trying to aquire. He's the kinda guy that puts his bar oil in with a funnel, you know the ones afraid to get her dirty. Im trying to convince him he needs a newer, faster, lighter saw, and I will take that old, slow, outdated saw off his hands for a small fee, but I dont think he is buying it.

Hmmm do what I do. Tell him if that old saw breaks there are no parts,LOL

Thanks everyone for your input.

Another question:

Does anyone know if an intake boot from another saw will work, such as from an ms290, 031, etc? They look similar but is an intake boot saw specific?

Back