HELP! Need Stihl part 1128 640 1708, local supply chain UNRESPONSIVE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edporch

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi,
I've been trying for a few weeks now to get a Stihl part for my MS 460 Magnum and have gotten nothing but excuses from my local supply chain here in Indianapolis, Indiana.

I need assembly Stihl part# 1128 640 1708.
The Large clutch cover with big dogs and chain catcher for an MS460 Magnum.

Can ANYBODY help me get this assembly who lives where it's actually available and ship it to me?

I hate this local dealer only Stihl supply chain!

Thanks Gregg for trying to help.
I already found this and others, but the rub always is " Not Available for On-Line Sales" as it says on the page this link is on.
I've yet to find any dealer who'll sell Stihl OEM parts for online order.

You might just want to give Bailey's a call . . . They are very helpfull! (Wink, Wink)

Howdy,
Sorry about that. I guess when you're out of the loop... There's a change I wasn't aware of. You either have to call, or e-mail us on the part you need. We can still ship it to you.
Regards
Gregg

Howdy,
Sorry about that. I guess when you're out of the loop... There's a change I wasn't aware of. You either have to call, or e-mail us on the part you need. We can still ship it to you.
Regards
Gregg

Thanks Gregg.
I'll be contacting you guys one of these days when I get the Stihl 1128 790 3616 3/4 Wrap Handlebar.
(which my local Stihl dealer and their supplier claim they can't get anytime soon)

I need to recover from the bending over I got today paying for all the parts INDIVIDUALLY that make up Stihl assembly 1128 640 1708 Large clutch cover with big dogs and chain catcher.

Funny how my local Stihl dealer's supplier had 1128 640 1708 back ordered with NO indication when they'd EVER get it.
YET, they had EVERY part in stock available overnight to my local dealer if I wanted to spend $50+ more and buy them all individually.

It took these parts for my MS460 to duplicate assembly 1128 640 1708:
1122-648-0403 x 1 Chain Sprocket Cover
1122-656-1510 x 1 Guard
1122-650-7700 x 1 Chain Catcher
1122 664 0506 x 1 Spiked Bumper (Inner)
1128 664 0501 x 1 Spiked Bumper (Outer)
9008 319 0960 x 2 Hexagon head screw M5x12 (5,8,10)
9214 320 0700 x 2 Lock nut M5 (5,8,10)

View attachment 302011

Last edited:
Fleabay is loaded with those kind of parts. If you waited a couple weeks, you probably would have found one alot cheaper on there.

Fleabay is loaded with those kind of parts. If you waited a couple weeks, you probably would have found one alot cheaper on there.

I'm sure you're right on this, but this had begun to drag out for far too long already over a silly part this isn't in short supply.
Additionally, I want nothing to do with PayPal, so I don't use Fleebay. Thanks, :)

I'm sure you're right on this, but this had begun to drag out for far too long already over a silly part this isn't in short supply.
Additionally, I want nothing to do with PayPal, so I don't use Fleebay. Thanks, :)

Understandable. We've all been there before, and some circumstances call for drastic measures.

But what's wrong with PayPal? I think there are probably a million guys on this site alone that use it without a problem.

Understandable. We've all been there before, and some circumstances call for drastic measures.

But what's wrong with PayPal? I think there are probably a million guys on this site alone that use it without a problem.

I know, I hear from a lot of people how much they like PayPal and have never had a problem.
Through the years, I've just heard too many horror stories of people who've used them, sold things there and had their money frozen for months.
And then when any appeal is made to straighten it out, it's like talking to a wall.
I don't want Paypal anywhere near being able to access my bank account or credit card.

Back