HELP ON CHANGING A HYDRAULIC LINE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaystihl

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I know this sounds rediculous but i have never had to change a hydraulic line . i recently bought a vermeer sc 252 and just noticed one of the lines outter coating is peeling off. i want to change out the line but not sure if vermeer sells the fitted line to length or should i take it to someone to make it for me? also do i need to bleed the system somehow to get air out? I was also thinking of changing all the fluid out as well since i have no idea when it was changed last. machine is a 2005-2006. has new motor with 400 hours on it. i really appreciate any help, thanks.

Some of those lines have a lot of outside coating on them. If it's just a small wear spot,try to find out where it's rubbing and try to reroute or cover it better. But if you're sure it is going to fail,take it off and head to a hydro shop. They will be able to match it up and for probably 1/2 the price of the stealer.

New fluid and filter sounds like a good idea.

I've never had to bleed after a hose change.

awesome, thanks oz. so just replace the line and fluid and pump will work any air out? sounds risky?

Vermeer will be happy to sell you theirs....and don't worry about air, changed lots of 'em, no drama.

Stumper63

Latest posts

Back