Help on rim spocket size?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a fairly foolish question, but it has happened before. The chainbrake isn't on, is it? Sorry, had to ask. :laugh:

Will the saw rev without a bar/chain installed?

It is not good for a crank to rev a saw with out a bar and chain attached. He previously stated the saw will rev up fine with the chain loose.

3/8"LP actually has .365" pitch, not .375" like standard 3/8".

Both actually are about .367, but the fitting rims are not the same, as the chassis of the chain are different. :msp_wink:

I have to admit that I am very surpriced that you didn't know this! :msp_biggrin:

Both actually are about .367, but the fitting rims are not the same, as the chassis of the chain are different. :msp_wink:

I have to admit that I am very surpriced that you didn't know this! :msp_biggrin:

Not the ones I've checked give or take a few thou ;) In fact I believe you have stated the exact same difference before yourself on a number of occasions?

Not the ones I've checked give or take a few thou ;) In fact I believe you have stated the exact same difference before yourself on a number of occasions?

I have always stated that they both are .367 (or .366), since some time in 2005.

Calling them 3/8" is sort of OK, but calling them .375 and .365 is a plain lie! :msp_rolleyes:

I have to side with ST on this one. From my own measurements both the 3/8ths reg and low profile measure the same between 3 rivits and that is some less than.375. How much less is debatable but the difference between the 2 chains would be less than the same chain new and used. The sproket issue is easy to see but hard to explain. It seems that, other than the obvious difference in size of the drive tangs, the low profile requires a slightly larger diameter sprocket.

Latest posts

Back