Help - Safest way to cut in this situation...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderbay

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, any help from someone more experienced than myself is welcome.

I have problem with 2 trees. One has fallen on another and didnt knock down the other tree, but split it in half instead. I have included a drawing with the post to illustrate the situation. If anyone would like to purchase the fine artwork please send inquiries to.... hahahaha Ok, here is the situation.

Tree A (as labelled in the pic on the right) has fallen over a pathway onto Tree B. Tree A did not break on the bottom and is about 1.5-2 feet off the ground. Tree B split open near the base and looks to be under a fair amount of pressure. There is an opening in the trunk I can see through, split about 6 inches wide and several feet in height. Tree B is bending to the left from the weight of Tree A. Where is the safest place to cut in this situation? I dont really want to be near Tree B when it snaps under pressure and weary of the way Tree A would act if I cut up and dropped it down from that height because its hung up on Tree B...as well as having to repeat that process several times because its caught up in Tree B and is quickly beyond any safe reach to cut (in the current position).

Any safe way to drop Tree B?

Im hoping we get a storm and it cracks under pressure hahaha...but if that doesnt happen....anyone able to help?

Thanks

Dave

An after thought....maybe i should just pull Tree A with a chain and the truck to drop it...?? Havent torn up part of the yard in a while! hahaha

it's really to hard for us to tell you how to cut this without us seeing it, there are to many variables in this situation, you may need to call someone local to help you with that, we would hate to tell you "do it this way" then later find out that we were wrong and you got hurt or worst.

it's really to hard for us to tell you how to cut this without us seeing it, there are to many variables in this situation, you may need to call someone local to help you with that, we would hate to tell you "do it this way" then later find out that we were wrong and you got hurt or worst.

Good call. I agree.

One thing that can be possible in simular situations is that you can rent a 5 tonne tirfir winch and attatch it to the leaning tree (tree A) just above where you have cut it. from a safe distance (at least twice the trees length) this will allow you to winch the base out.

Back