Help with bolts on Rayco RG50

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racnruss

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
The (2) 1/2" bolts that hold the main hydraulic pump to the back of the 3 cyl Duetz diesel engine keep working loose. We have tried star lock washers, regular lock washers, and locktite, nothing keeps them in. Any ideas?

I thought I saw an ad once for bolts that had a smaller bolt inside it that would swell the threads once inserted. I can't remember the name of the bolt or company.

Help, thanks.

Drill both bolt heads side to side with a small drill. Replace the bolts, tighten them good and tight then run a wire through both bolt heads, bring both ends of the wire together and twist the ends until the wire is good an tight between the two bolts. That should keep them from working loose.

The (2) 1/2" bolts that hold the main hydraulic pump to the back of the 3 cyl Duetz diesel engine keep working loose. We have tried star lock washers, regular lock washers, and locktite, nothing keeps them in. Any ideas?

I thought I saw an ad once for bolts that had a smaller bolt inside it that would swell the threads once inserted. I can't remember the name of the bolt or company.

Help, thanks.
I have the same engine but never that problem. Sounds like a vibration problem to me.

fixed problem

Now it is fixed. Red lock tight, ramped special lock washers, and drilled and safety wired.

If you have this machine, check those bolts now. If your pump vibrates loose it is a bearcat to get it back on the motor. And you will probably be in a backyard somewhere. Plus when the pump slides off the motor under full load, it destroys the splines and coupler costing oh about 1500 bucks.

Now it is fixed. Red lock tight, ramped special lock washers, and drilled and safety wired.

If you have this machine, check those bolts now. If your pump vibrates loose it is a bearcat to get it back on the motor. And you will probably be in a backyard somewhere. Plus when the pump slides off the motor under full load, it destroys the splines and coupler costing oh about 1500 bucks.

hard to believe the locktite and lock washers did not stop the problem must be a hell of a vibration.

Yep, I had that problem. Took To Rayco Factory to fix. Costed me $1500. They put a bracket on it to hold the bolts tight. I check it now every couple months. Probably should check more often.

Hello, old thread.

We got all new parts and then we drilled and safety wired the bolts. No problems anymore.

Back