Help with OWB, is my pump right?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually it can when the boiler is almost out of wood and temp is falling.

Theres a thing called thermal mass, and the oil furnace loop has its own.

I honestly dont care if the IR gun simply read the painted brass differently then the rusted steel on the oil furnace.

The owb actually runs in the paremeters i set now and not whatever it feels like doing.
The 1st floor thermostat is set to 60 and the house is 62, the apartment is set to 66 and its 68.
And the second floor baseboard is still removed.

Go eat your donut oxford.

Actually it can when the boiler is almost out of wood and temp is falling.

Theres a thing called thermal mass, and the oil furnace loop has its own.

I honestly dont care if the IR gun simply read the painted brass differently then the rusted steel on the oil furnace.

The owb actually runs in the paremeters i set now and not whatever it feels like doing.
The 1st floor thermostat is set to 60 and the house is 62, the apartment is set to 66 and its 68.
And the second floor baseboard is still removed.

Go eat your donut oxford.

And it was nearly 50 degrees in Rhode Island yesterday, which means that (again) you've been jacking with this thing for a week now and you're still where you started: your house stays warm when it's warm outside, and you don't know a damn thing besides that. Good luck- you'll need it.

If i was where i started, the oil furnace wouldnt be 30 degrees hotter then its ever been under wood power.
The owb is running better then it ever has, wood lasts longer, making good coals.

As far as your attention to detail dig, im not really worried, when you have a big bussiness you learn that sometimes you have problems that cannot be solved 100% with the time or materials at hand, and you "put the fire out" so to speak doing what you can until you have the resorces to handle the situation and fix it 100%.
So, in this situation, the house is warm, the right fix is going to cost me 1300 and tearing up the driveway again to lay 1.25 pipe, so im going to leave it. Fiddle with it here or there when i put wood in.
My time and money is better spent somewhere else right now, considering im redoing the whole house.
Oil is cheap. I would simply turn it on if i lived there and wasnt comfortable.

If i was where i started, the oil furnace wouldnt be 30 degrees hotter then its ever been under wood power.

That's not quite right. You said in a couple of posts before that the oil furnace was at 150 at times.

You very well may have had a bad aquastat - and could very well still have a flow issue, which would not show up well when the outdoor temps are in the 50° range. I think the bottom line 7 pages later is it's hard to tell what is or was going on from the erratic & inaccurate temp data & other info that was posted all through the thread. How the system works when OWB return temps drop from added heat demand when it gets cold again might likely bring some issues back.

Problem is ive used so many forms of measurement. This is going by oil furnace gauge itself. Im 30 degrees hotter then ive ever been
I have a strong feeling the wood side of the sidearm is calciumed right up.
Between the fact its a 2006 and she prob boiled wood side dry for a season
I almost let the stove go out today to soak it, but i havent picked out the toxic chemical i want to use yet.
Some are saying clr,
Some are using drain cleaner
Some are saying level7

Thinking i can isolate the owb by closing valves, and run product thru sidearm via the boilerdrains.

So i got a good one for you fellas.
Granted the aquastat fixed it and ive been warm ever since, but...

Found half the reason it was so cold.
Old owner had the dam fireplace damper wide open in the downstairs living room!!!
Guess i should have looked at that sooner!! Just found it.
Kick myself for that.

Latest posts

Back