help with saddle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am still having troubles with my saddle. I called up Johnny at Sherrill's like several of you suggested I do. He told me that he wasn't too familiar with the saddle as of that time but did give me some pointers. He told me to keep the chinsy black straps for the leg straps as long as possible. I have tried keeping the leg straps both loose and tight and it doesn't make much of a difference either way. The problem only occurs when I have my weight on my friction hitch (sitting / descending) I have the long / thick green straps on the front set rather short. The problem is not that I get my "package" pinched, it's that I have no cushioning where there should be cushioning. Each time I put weight on the leg straps, the pads move themselves to the outside of my legs to where they are pointing up at the sky. Over where the buckles are, it feels like there is no padding and it hurts like a MOFO. I try adjusting the padding to where I need it, but it just goes back to where it always is after a second or two. Any thoughts???

You have to keep the floating leg pads pushed around towards the back so it does not crunch the jewels. I had to tie a knot in the small straps to keep them in the right position once I got the right adjustment. You just have to keep working with it until you figure it out.

Tim, I try to push the pads to the inside, and they will stay there for a few seconds. But then they go back to the outside and do me no good whatsoever.

If you picture your leg like a clock... I want the edge of the padding to be at about 4 oclock or so. When the padding slips to where it is uncomfortable, the edge is up around 1 or 2 oclock pointing straight up in the air providing NO cushioning whatsoever for my legs. Johnny told me to leave the black straps as long as possible, and that is what I have done. Do you think I should lengthen the fat green straps at all? They are relatively short as compared to how much I have to work with.

I had to adjust both sets of straps to get it to work for me.

You could try sewing the pads where you want them as long as it does not damage them.

Originally posted by Stumper
Total emasculation will eliminate future proplems of all sorts.;)

Double click on any word you don't understand, then right-click and select "Look up in encyclopedia." It's interesting how many little things there are that can save time - like right clicking the scroll bar on the far right of this screen. :)

Nickrosis

Matt'

Try marking the spot you want the padding to be located with a magic marker. Get out the caulking gun shoot a few gobs of silicone caulking inside the tunnel of the pad on both sides of the strap. Clamp or weight it over night. Even better if you can find a product called " aqua seal" its a urethane adhesive sealent thats used to fix wet suits, boots and other rubber products, it dries flexible and is very strong. Ive used it on nylon webbing in the past with no ill effects. Good luck

Corey

I figured I would bring this thread back up just to let everybody know that I figured out how to fix my problem with the saddle. I had been so used to keeping my butt strap down low that I did the same thing with this new saddle. Finally something clicked and I brought the leg straps up where they should be and now the saddle is NICE!!! Thank you guys for your patience and I wish to appologize for my ignorance.

Back