help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danz69

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hi i was looking at buying a or husqvana 570 or a stihl 391 for fire wood 5 - 6 cord a year from small to 25" size

now i have found a 2nd hand 372xp saw about 5 or 6 years old is there anyting that i should look out for .

which one should i go for

new stihl 391
new husqvana 570
2nd hand 372xp approx 10 hours use

163608693.jpg

163608736.jpg

Last edited:
372XP end all beat all for what you need...if your set on the 372 and its available check make sure compression is good, and if you can pull the muffler and look at the exhaust side of the piston to see if there is any scoring done to it.

IMHO the husky 5 series are junk, everyone I have ever seen (over 40) has burned up horribly with limited use.

I don't own one, but from everything I have learned and read, they are one of the best all time saws ever built, any era, any make. Professional grade. "Classic" is the term. Sought after. Worth keeping and rebuilding when they eventually get worn out.

I asked my local husky wrench about them, because you see so few for sale used. He said.."the guys keep them forever".

Check out some of the threads here on them, you won't see too many complaints.

Out of those choices the 372 would be my pick for sure.

Latest posts

Back