Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brttsan

Reaction score
My maple trees have a black fungus that is kiiling them. Does anyone know what this might be and how to treat? The fungus is vey thick and covers the entire tree. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanx
Brett in Nashville

that sounds ugly. would sure like to see a photo. Some fungus/molds feed on the honeydew of other pest. Shake a few leaves over some white paper and see if any little crawlys are present.
If its a large tree even if treatable with a surface spray, might be imposable. Some photos would help

that sounds ugly. would sure like to see a photo. Some fungus/molds feed on the honeydew of other pest. Shake a few leaves over some white paper and see if any little crawlys are present.
If its a large tree even if treatable with a surface spray, might be imposable. Some photos would help

yes it is ugly the entire tree is black, trunk,branches, the leaves are green but thats it. I lost 2 last year and now i haVE 5 infected. it is a lrge tree so I will lose this one, the others are just starting. I know there are no bugs.

Back