help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicole

Reaction score
does anyone now about claiming outdoor wood boilers on their taxes....? I would like to know if you can or not? not sure if this is right place to ask but I am guessing some of you might own one of these stoves. thanks

I thought that because we dont burn oil, or use gas that is might be considered efficient.... some have told me that I can, as an improvement to the house..... this why I am asking people..

Check the IRS website

It is possible to get a credit for installing an efficient boiler / furnace, as well as other energy reducing measures. (ie Insulation, windows etc)

However the credit is not large. I maxed out on windows and doors last year and got a $200 credit. Worth filling out the paperwork I guess.

There are very specific requirements for boiler & hot air furnaces. Just because they are new doesn't mean they meet the efficiency guidelines. I researched a little last year. To be honest I really don't think a wood fired boiler will get close to the necessary efficiency standards.

There are forms and regs you can download from the IRS website. Also contact the manufacturer or retailer. If it qualifies that's a big selling point, they'll surely know.

Keep us posted.

Take Care

Latest posts

Back