Helped a buddy cut some wood ( Pic heavy)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy I used to no how to post the pics so that they showed up right away. I seam to be missing the tool bar that let me do that. O well I am sure some one will give me a hand.

A little description of what we have for tools. The root bucket on the skidster is home made. That thing has really impressed me with what it can do and lift with out bending. The Manure wagon was converted to a dump by using two loader cyinders off a old farmall tractor. This winter we are going to rebuild the sides on the wagon as they have seen a lot of use and abuse. They are about ready to fall off, but they can still haul wood. We didn't load up the wagon as much as we normaly did do to the fact that it was above freezing and the tires were starting to make ruts. We didn't want the ruts to freeze up and then drive over them all winter.

Hope these pics help for the guys that can't get out cutting this x-mas break.

Beefie

Can't help with the pictures but you have some nice ones.

I like the manure spreader conversion. I have a New Holland single beater setting in the shed that you give me an idea for. It is not used for anything since the hogs are gone and the web is shot anyway.

That is a real good looking skid steer.
Having the right tools makes work a lot easier.

Chainsaw picks?

Looks like that works pretty d@%# good. He'll need to put some grapples on the bucket and then he'll really like it! A skid loader is real handy for this kinda thing. I use a backhoe with a grapple bucket and it works pretty good but the manuverability and visability isn't as good with the hoe as with the skidsteer. Good way to use an old spreader. Looks like she'll haul a decent load!

Nice set up, I love those old Oliver tractors. Nothing sounds better than a 6 cylinder Ollie gas engine under load. What model is your buddy's Oliver?

Steve

Nice pics, but you you made one mistake--never eat beans before firewooding!

213241d1324789715-jasons-camera-371-jpg

Looks like that works pretty d@%# good. He'll need to put some grapples on the bucket and then he'll really like it! A skid loader is real handy for this kinda thing. I use a backhoe with a grapple bucket and it works pretty good but the manuverability and visability isn't as good with the hoe as with the skidsteer. Good way to use an old spreader. Looks like she'll haul a decent load!

No grapple on this and he does not want one either, I have talked to him about it. Just feels he dosen't have a use for it.

Nice set up, I love those old Oliver tractors. Nothing sounds better than a 6 cylinder Ollie gas engine under load. What model is your buddy's Oliver?

Steve

Its a 1650 , I think 80 -85 Hp Gas engine. Its a little cold blooded but once you get it warmed up she runs like a charm. A little big for going in the woods with, But this has no cab were the other one does. That does not go in the woods any more Too many windows have been replaced in that cab.

Beefie

Back