Here is a new to me OWB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
From the Power Show we attended today is the Hampshire easy loader. Cant say these guys are copy cats. The one they had at the show seemed to be well built. I wonder how much smoke is going to be billowing out if that door when you reload? LOL my Woodmaster is bad enough. Id like to see one in operation. There were two differant forced air outside furnaces but I didn get any info on either, sorry.

http://www.hampshirefurnace.com/

I see the door is water cooled. I guess it would need to be.

I like the idea but you will be getting a face full of smoke. But then again I do now.

What would be cool is a auto opening door that would let wood slide in. Auto loading OWB!!

Nice Butch! Wish I had something like that. Their were some similiar stoves at the Ohio Power Show in Columbus I looked at today. Unfortunately they were way out of my price range :(The ol' Sierra stove is only efficient because she's in the basement surrounded by "false walls" to channel the heat into the hvac system. Luckily the chimney is routed through the middle of the house also which helps a ton!
IMG_2530.jpg

Last edited:
I like the design. The water cooled door? Ok now if the door was inside an insulated compartment..
My theory that door has 180 degree water pumping through it.. It is touching the 0° outside air radiating the heat right out into the open..Dumb dumb design., Enclose that 36x32 inch radiator.,

chad
Just an idea that I did for my basement woodburner. Locate your cold air return and add an extension over to the ceiling near the wood stove. Turn on the furnace fan only and let it run full time. It will draw the heat into the cold air duct and circulate it thru the whole house. It made a huge differerence in my house.

Rick

Back