Here's a $50.00 STIHL...for a steal...I guess!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReggieT

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Everybody's been ranting & raving over the $75 Stihl saw I posted...here is what a friend of mine just emailed me!:dunno::hmm3grin2orange:

View attachment 266234

pensacola craigslist > for sale / wanted > general for sale - by owner
please flag with care: [?]
miscategorized prohibited spam/overpost best of craigslist
Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee More info
STIHL CHAINSAW - $50 (PACE FL)
Date: 2012-11-16, 11:21AM EST
[email protected][?]
Stihl chainsaw comes with case and extra chain an tool for adjustment... runs great good strong chainsaw... 4053954876 TEXT ONLY price is negotiable
image 1
image 2

No sir it's not, I'm just tad north of Birmingham...out hunting some Trophies...which are not of the "wood cutting variety"@ least not tree wood so ta speak! :hmm3grin2orange:
Pensacola isn't so far from Birmingham, just sayin...[/QUOTE

The point is, no one hates their Husqvarna saw that badly to peddle it off for tweaker prices. Their disgust and malice for the world's second best saw lineup is your gain.

Get both of em, it's for a good cause.

My eyes and pics are not the greatest but I can't make out what type saw this is....HUSKY U THINK? WHAT SERIES?:msp_confused:

I hear ya loud & clear...the $75 Stihl is done!:msp_thumbup:

I'm not 2 queer on this one though...besides I'm outa town.:biggrinbounce2:

The point is, no one hates their Husqvarna saw that badly to peddle it off for tweaker prices. Their disgust and malice for the world's second best saw lineup is your gain.

Get both of em, it's for a good cause.

I can't make out what model it is. Looks like a "pro" saw (white handle). It's probably worth quite a bit more than $50 for parts alone.

What Mac said, that looks to be a Stihl Pro series. As I mentioned, no one hates their Husky that bad...:msp_tongue:

Got out my magnifier. Pretty sure it's an 028 AV. That'd be close to 30 years old.

Got out my magnifier. Pretty sure it's an 028 AV. That'd be close to 30 years old.

Still well worth it if its in good condition. 028's are great saws. From the pic (it's hard to tell), I immediately guessed 028 or 038.

Still well worth it if its in good condition. 028's are great saws. From the pic (it's hard to tell), I immediately guessed 028 or 038.

Did they make a (labeled) 038 AV? I'm pretty sure it's "whatever" AV. But my eyes aren't as good as they used to be. If I were nearby I'd sure take a look at it.

If it's hot, probably not.

Those deals are borderline on crackhead prices, so yea they are definitely a candidate for being hot or maybe some good ole boys saw that went to the woodpile in the sky and the heirs are giving stuff away not knowing better.

I guess if you didn't know a thing about saws and all you can recall is a new Poulan for $125.00 than the old used one in garage might be worth a starting figure of 50-75.00 bucks in their minds eye.

I don't know. Around here, most of the ones on CL are approaching "new" prices for some old to middle age, beat to death parts saw, with the "well, I used it last year" kicker.

I don't know. Around here, most of the ones on CL are approaching "new" prices for some old to middle age, beat to death parts saw, with the "well, I used it last year" kicker.

Same here, and has been that way for the last few years. The guys on this site who always get these unbelievable deals puzzle me. I've gone in spurts of checking CL every day for weeks on end, never come across anything close to a great deal. Of course there is at least one regular guy under each city that always seems to be looking for carcasses and selling saws. I'm sure they drive up the price somewhat.

Although when I found the Lightning, the guy didn't know what he had and I jumped on it within 15 mins of him posting it. I guess you just have to be extremely quick when do you find something...

Last edited:
Back