Here's one to top the scratcher chain...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh well... while I'm here...

Check out what's left of this 1/2" chain that was on one of my big Homelite's when I got it. The old boy that had it before me was gettin' every nickle he could out of that chain... Some of the cutters don't even have but a 1/16th of an inch left on them...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ya know... if I soak this chain in oil and hang it for a day... I might be able to use it... be right back... :laugh:

I couldn't resist...

Gary

Gary,

There is a thread that talks about how to clean dirty chains like this. I thought you said your chains got clean in the wood, no cleaning necessary. That chain needs to be cleaned... I would clean it before you sharpen it. :hmm3grin2orange: Or, maybe he was using the wrong mix or maybe even he should look into different bar oil...

Last edited:
Oh well... while I'm here...

Check out what's left of this 1/2" chain that was on one of my big Homelite's when I got it. The old boy that had it before me was gettin' every nickle he could out of that chain... Some of the cutters don't even have but a 1/16th of an inch left on them...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ya know... if I soak this chain in oil and hang it for a day... I might be able to use it... be right back... :laugh:

I couldn't resist...

Gary

What kind of oil would you soak that chain in? Synthetic? lol

off topic but with the old post topic question

Since i'm newish (compared to a lot of members ) to the forum and use the search function often , I have come across a lot of posts from a lot of past members that have been banned , what did I miss ?

I might have even posted the original story of the saw (An old Homelite 770G)when I got it... I'll dig through the archives and see if i can dig it up. If I can't find it here, there are a couple other sites I put the story up on...

Gary

Since i'm newish (compared to a lot of members ) to the forum and use the search function often , I have come across a lot of posts from a lot of past members that have been banned , what did I miss ?

A lot of cussin' nd fussin' and finger pointin' and name callin' and beer drinkin' and whiskey swillin' and...

...oh yeah... we talked about saws at one time too...

I used to be a member of that banned posse for a brief spell myself... :blush:

:laugh:

Gary

Latest posts

Back