Hey guys, just bought 3 new old saws. Need advice on a 4th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diyfabguy

Reaction score
So I happened upon 2 Pre-EPA Poulan 56"s. Same model name countervibe 3400, Both made in US, one appears to be quit a bit older and was wondering how to tell manufacture date. The older one has a FULL METAL CASING/BODY. Also got a 3rd Mini-mac to add to my collection. My Question is on a 1956 CLINTON Chainsaw, belt-driven, somewhere's over 90cc, rotating carb, 0ver 5ft long with blade attached. Anybody heard of these, Im prob gonna buy it anyways, It has incredible nostalgic 50's style.

I have used and seen quite a few Clintons but one over 90cc would be rare to me, there were many belt drive models that used float type carbs, some had pressurised gas tanks. The 3A had a rotating carb but it was in the 74cc range.

Hi,
Regarding the Clinton saw - see if you can find a tag on the saw which may denote the model number etc. It always pays to do a little research on a unit before buying. If you have a photo of the saw it may help us id the particular saw in question.

Best of luck with it,

Chris.

i know about Clinton

i know about Clinton sure their was a 100 cc one i have seen a few of them ask igpoe he knows about them

Does it look like this?

attachment.php

I would say buy it. I have a 1959 Clinton D65. Great saw and looks amazing and mean.

There are. It many of the Clinton's so I would get it before it becomes scrap.

Post some pics of it.

Good stuff!!

thanks for all the advice guys....I really appreciate it. Sprintcar's pic is almost right about on, but had rotating carb. Faded pale yellow color. Anyways long story short, it was sold before i got there. Since then have aquired another "dead" Poulan 3400, only needed fuel lines and air filter screen cleaned (full of wood chips). Love those saws now. It CRANKS too!!! Also scooped up an EPA phase 1 Mculloch 38cc with hole in gas tank. New Case and running strong (epa caps REMOVED)... Inquiring now about interchangeable and worth while Engine parts swaps ie. Jugs, pistons, cranks, carbs from other Poulan or any Models that will help me male more power. Thanks again guys!!

Back