Hey Indiana stove owners....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrappieKeith

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Meeting on Indiana Changeouts held at Expo

Representatives of Midwest HPBA, HPBA, EPA and two Indiana utilities met at Expo to begin the joint planning of two separate wood stove changeouts that are slated for parts of Indiana sometime in the next year. The programs are still in the formative stages, however, one changeout program is planned for six counties in northern Indiana, and a second, separate program, in southern Indiana (south of Indianapolis). These programs are part of court-ordered settlements between EPA and the two utilities. Local retailers and reps can contact Erica Geil, Midwest HPBA, at [email protected]

On Further research, A Local Power plant settled with the EPA, and part of the settlement is that they have to spend X Dollars on Polution reduction, and one of the things they can do is encourage People to replace old "Poluting" stoves with EPA certified Models. Hoosiers would qualify for "rebates, Discounts, and in some instances actual replacement" of current wood stoves.

Let me make a wild guess here-----part of the deal is the old stove is DESTROYED.

they're welcome to replace my OWB with a new hi-efficient unit as long as they don't wanna get in my pocket.

cut down on my wood consumption and lower the emissions my OWB produces.

sounds like a win-win.

:rock: ?when can they deliver? :rock:

On Further research, A Local Power plant settled with the EPA, and part of the settlement is that they have to spend X Dollars on Polution reduction, and one of the things they can do is encourage People to replace old "Poluting" stoves with EPA certified Models. Hoosiers would qualify for "rebates, Discounts, and in some instances actual replacement" of current wood stoves.

Exactly...that post came from an email that I get as a part of an industry group we belong too (HPBA).I know we have users here from Indiana...so I thought it was a nice heads up to those of you thinking about replacing your old wood burner...hold off until the change out becomes effective.It will save you some cash.

It is not a mandatory thing so don't go gettin all crazy like you Hoosiers are known to do.

What ya mean by that last remark Kieth? Who you callin crazy?....(rage..rage)

Git the ax ma. We headin fer Minnessoter!!

Exactly...that post came from an email that I get as a part of an industry group we belong too (HPBA).I know we have users here from Indiana...so I thought it was a nice heads up to those of you thinking about replacing your old wood burner...hold off until the change out becomes effective.It will save you some cash.

It is not a mandatory thing so don't go gettin all crazy like you Hoosiers are known to do.

We are only nuts only some of the time :hmm3grin2orange: and the rest of the time it`s bud lite and moonshine and we are happy :dizzy:

...dunno...I just know from all them years of watching Bobby Knight tossing the folding chairs out on the b ball courts there's gotta be something in that water y'all are drinking down there.:dizzy:
Then again maybe,just maybe it ian't what your drinkin atall......hmmmmmm:rock:

...dunno...I just know from all them years of watching Bobby Knight tossing the folding chairs out on the b ball courts there's gotta be something in that water y'all are drinking down there.:dizzy:
Then again maybe,just maybe it ian't what your drinkin atall......hmmmmmm:rock:

Hey now, leave the general out of this.... :angryn: :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back