Hey Saw Troll did ya read Solid Wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The show might be better viewed if you get pickled on hjemmebrent (Norwegian moonshine) before watching it. :msp_tongue:

Thanks for posting the video, and thanks for the reply Troll. I wish that I understood Norwegian, at least they had a pretty girl to watch, even though I didn't understand a word that she said. I guess that isn't quite right, now and then an English word snuck in, especially OK. JR

Thanks for posting the video, and thanks for the reply Troll. I wish that I understood Norwegian, at least they had a pretty girl to watch, even though I didn't understand a word that she said. I guess that isn't quite right, now and then an English word snuck in, especially OK. JR

Did you know that there actually are more "Norwegians" in the US than in Norway? :msp_biggrin:

I wondered when the NYT article was going to get a mention on here.

It was reprinted here n Oz in the Sydney Morning Herald and was wondering what Niko and our other Norwegians made of it.

Last edited:
I wondered when the NYT article was going to get a mention on here.

It was reprinted here n Oz in the Sydney Morning Herald and was wondering what Niko and our other Norwegians made of it.

I am well aware of that debate, but it has never been a big deal to me. I don't really like to have the bark up though, as I believe it is slowing the drying prosess....

I emailed the tv company about subtitles for this program and they aren't and won't be available. I too thought it might be very interesting but soon grew bored.

From what I read it was the highest rating TV show on at the time.

I think that there were high expectations for the show, so a lot of people tuned in. The book was a best seller. I know that I was pretty excited when I heard about it because I enjoyed the book. Also, the show was well promoted, as Saw Troll mentioned. But in the end the show was quite a disappointment. I felt let down. So did my brother, who lives in Norway and is a wood burning fanatic. They should have shown my brother's "stabler". Incredible! And by the way, he stacks bark-side down. The right way!

Doug

Latest posts

Back