Hickory ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure myself. For tree ID, if there are no leaves to photograph, best to photograph the whole tree in its setting, as those types of pics provide helpful details. Noodle a piece and show us a closeup of the grain. :)

its walnut.. I got one bucked up outside right now few rounds that are not split yet.. Looks just like your pics and I know it was walnut due to the mess of walnut hulls and nuts it use to leave all over the yard... Unfortunately it had to go, the creek had washed out the dirt from under the roots of it and it was in danger of falling at any time..

Yep...it was walnut. Got a chance to go over to my buddies and split some. Right away knew it was walnut when I split it. Beautiful grain! Walnut smells great when you split it too. Not for smoking however...

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It was a two trunk tree, so we may look into to milling the second trunk. First trunk is already rounded up.

Latest posts

Back