• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

High quality commercial size wood splitter.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.E. Metal Werx

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm a professional full time welder and build high quality very robust log splitters on the side. This splitter is number 5 and the best one yet.
Here is the build thread:
http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...m-log-splitter-#5,-it's-been-a-while..263855/

I my self only have a handful of hours on the machine but it's been to two charity cuts and a few AS members have used it also -mike -(homelite410), -Eric- (GM_Grimmy) have used it the most so if you rather get there opinion from them then me please go ahead.

I'm looking to move this one quick so I can purchase a piece of equipment for my shop.

----------PRICE: $5000 (cheap!!)-----------

I'm willing to meet part way for delivery.. To a paint..

Here are a few most recent pictures. It could use a bath but it's 8 degrees out..

94a610b8f6d7b2a1bae63df83062568f.jpg
0fb157a67eba4c6cce08c120c0c68c3f.jpg
d4f697e7c7f40489ac4045e9f9769fb1.jpg
2a8b7d41325c6cf7fd12dc319d193252.jpg
4656f548d7f0548a30eabceffd1dbdd1.jpg
69ca2b8fae12d9777571257757e87cab.jpg
c81366f494ffa0733850921924e53fe9.jpg

I have personally ran this a few times. Quality of this build is better than anything else out there, by a long shot! Feel free to message me any questions, as I have ran this splitter. This splitter is going to make someone really happy, that's for sure!!

The build quality on this splitter is by far the best that I have ever seen. Alex spares no expense when it comes to his builds! Anything you put in front of it, it will split it with no effort whatsoever.

Whoever buys this heavy duty splitter will truly fall in love with it! Everything is placed in a perfect position and runs so smooth and effortless!

Good luck with your sale Alex!

Anything 4' plus Burr oak no splitter has a chance, rip with a chainsaw ad wedge split to get it on the splitter. But 90% of wood if had built it myself would be close.His wedge might be a bit different have to look closer.

Anything 4' plus Burr oak no splitter has a chance, rip with a chainsaw ad wedge split to get it on the splitter. But 90% of wood if had built it myself would be close.His wedge might be a bit different have to look closer.

Guess I'm not understanding what your saying/or trying to say??? Honestly I don't know your giving him a pat on the back or a kick in the teeth....

A pat on the back he did a great job, and would seriously like to see that wedge in action. That is a professional build , looks fantastic and very sturdily built.

And I need to quite cutting those big trees, allot of work but allot of wood lol.

That splitter is just beautiful!

Your welding and craftsmanship is higher than almost anything I have ever seen. This splitter is going to last forever, and whoever buys it is probably going to be passing it on for generations "you can't say that with most mass produced units"!!!!

PS: I have personal spot in my heart for .045 and .052 metal core wire. That is all we used in my first job out of high school. That job put my wife "fiancé at the time" through collage, and kept us debt free. It was 12hrs a day six days a week, with 8-10hrs on Sunday. We did not see each other very much for those 4years, but it was worth it in the end!

Back