Highly valuable thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HadleyPA

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Can you believe I did this to this much highly valuable black walnut? :omg: Actually a guy I know had 3 cut out of his yard and these are the tops. He said if I didn't want it he was going to simply push it in a pile and burn it so since it was only about 3 miles from home I grabbed it.20200223_170247.jpg 20200223_170247.jpg

Not when ya dont own a mill. And i mostly take the junk ones. Haha

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

SURELY you JEST...
That pile in south America (Brazil) would be worth a "BRAZILLION DOLLAR or two"
Ha yeah I was dealing recently with a couple homeowners that wanted me to buy their black walnut trees next to the houses. I laughed and said fuccck no there isn't a tree in my area that's worth buying and being responsible for removing it

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Apple is a great burning firewood. My only problem when I burn it in the stove is if I go outside and smell it I automatically start to think about food because whenever I use the charcoal smoker I go to my apple trees and do some pruning to use in the smoker. Gets me every time.

It's all firewood. Cherry, apple, black walnut it all burns.View attachment 801479 Someone told me between wood workers and people with smokers there shouldn't be much firewood in this big apple. It's all on my racks for next years heating season.
I like the little guy in the orange shirt peeping out at you!

I would love to have some " Full Size" Apple Trees.
Those dwarf trees just need to much work.

David

20190719_092802.jpg I have taken walnut for firewood usually twisted or damaged trees . If it's small not really worth the trouble to try and mill it. I have used some for little projects around the house. The pic above is of a black walnut cutting board that my wife refuses to cut on . Says it's to nice to use:dumb2:20160224_111013.jpg 20171223_165115.jpg 20180104_141619.jpg 20190215_134837.jpg

Back