Hitachi Chainsaw????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds too pricey. I got this 16" at Menards ( mid west big box home improvement store ) on sale for $149.99, with a $50 store rebate. When I looked it up online, Hitachi was also giving out a $50 rebate, both of which I have now received. So, after taxes it was about $57. For that I put it in the basement, its never had gas in it so I don't know how it is, but it has a 7 year warranty.
attachment.php
http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=160753&stc=1&d=1291570578[/IMG]

sounds too pricey. I got this 16" at Menards ( mid west big box home improvement store ) on sale for $149.99, with a $50 store rebate. When I looked it up online, Hitachi was also giving out a $50 rebate, both of which I have now received. So, after taxes it was about $57. For that I put it in the basement, its never had gas in it so I don't know how it is, but it has a 7 year warranty.

Be careful to say things like this on a chainsaw site out loud. I mean having a chainsaw and not running it is almost sacrilege! You may be banned for mistreatment of chainsaws! It is their given right, no birthright to be run!
:chainsawguy:

But seriously I would really like to see how it runs. I have been thinking of one since some time.

attachment.php
http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=160753&stc=1&d=1291570578[/IMG]

Well, I can honestly say it's absolute crap. If this is how the asians are gonna take over the U.S., good luck. Won't start warm, no power,high low carb adj. blocked, just junk. At $57 I feel ripped off.

At $57 it bwould be worth it to buy some and sell them at twice the price at the swap meats.

Muffler?

Well, I can honestly say it's absolute crap. If this is how the asians are gonna take over the U.S., good luck. Won't start warm, no power,high low carb adj. blocked, just junk. At $57 I feel ripped off.

Does it have a cat muffler on it, and real restricted? My tanaka trimmer is just jam up wonderful, best I have ever owned or run, BUT, the least blockage on the screen makes it not run at all. First it wouldn't start, found a mud dauber had filled the muffler. I washed it out and blew it out, screen looked like any other used but serviceable screen. Still wouldn't start. Removed screen, now it runs like new again. And ya, it has the non adjustable carb on it. Doesn't seem to matter, seems the weak point is that dang smogged out muffler.

I looked a little bit for another (used/cheap/free) muffler to open up/work on but haven't found one yet and don't want to chance borking my stock muffler, but I bet if you wanted to make your saw better..

What size is that saw? You want five clams and shipping for it? ;)

Latest posts

Back