Home-made log lifter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zekamaboy

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a newbie to this forum, from Western Australia. I saw a ladder-style log lifting aid on Youtube, and made a variation as per the video in the link below.
I accidentally left a bit of detail out, the lifter is 2.5metres (8'2") long, and I reckon it'd lift a 100kg (220lb) round, if the lifting guy was fit and strong.

I'm pretty sure that this vid is misplaced here in the introduction section, I'll see if I can move it to a more appropriate area. But I reckon I'll have teething problems getting to grips with how to do that.

I like it. I can't help but wonder if having a second piece added to your log lifting lever might make things easier. A base with hinges as a better fulcrum point.
I was thinking that too so it doesn't slip. But maybe the weight of the round is enough to prevent it slipping under the truck

Nice.

Simple concept to save the back. Especially for those of us who do a bunch of solo work.