Home Made Pressure, Vacuum and Leak-Down Adapter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good posting of the video, helpful. I made mine with an old plug and welded a cheap harbor freight air tool male connector. Gobbed on some JB weld for a couple of pinhole leaks. The lip of the connector makes attaching the vacuum hose a pain.

I may take another stab using the barb fitting instead, better idea!!

presstest adapter2.jpeg

Funny.....

As a "non native speaker-reader" I do understand all your language variations....

Sometimes I have trouble understanding (local) slang, but at the end I can get the meaning from the context

There is English, Aussie, Kiwi, Redneck, Southern, Hillbilly, American/no accent, bASStun, New Dork, New England/Maine, Eubonics, Texican, Louisiana/Cajun, French and English Canucky, ............newer been to the left coast of USA but I'm sure they have quirks too.

Good posting of the video, helpful. I made mine with an old plug and welded a cheap harbor freight air tool male connector. Gobbed on some JB weld for a couple of pinhole leaks. The lip of the connector makes attaching the vacuum hose a pain.

I may take another stab using the barb fitting instead, better idea!!

View attachment 1093297
I just used a piece of copper tubing on mine.

There is English, Aussie, Kiwi, Redneck, Southern, Hillbilly, American/no accent, bASStun, New Dork, New England/Maine, Eubonics, Texican, Louisiana/Cajun, French and English Canucky, ............newer been to the left coast of USA but I'm sure they have quirks too.
The only problem here is.....when you start poking local jokes....

Like......type of a (local) joke which is funny just (lets say) in Philadelphia and its suburbs :D

Sorry for sounding stupid but how do you use them
In the first 15 seconds of opening the video that Tom uploaded you will see him connect the vacuum pump to this fitting, it will enable one to pull vac and apply pressure to test for air leaks into the cylinder. Of course the intake and exhaust port has to be closed off air tight first using blocking plates and rubber gaskets or rubber occluders between the muffler and cylinder , between the carb and mating surface whether direct to cylinder, between an intake block or between the carb and intake boot on later saws. Testing for air leaks is one of the most often applied diagnostic tests performed for two stroke engines.

Back