Homelite 240 - not Idling/Bogging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

des2

I'm trying to repair an old Homelite 240. When I start the chainsaw It will only stay running on full throttle as soon as I let up on the throttle it will start to bog and stall. What should I be looking at to fix this problem?

Thanks for any info,
des2

treeclimber165

treeclimber165

Member A.K.A Skwerl
Sounds like a fuel problem at low RPM's. I'd check the fuel pickup filter in the tank first. If that doesn't fix it, I'd move to the low end jet on the carb. Could be partially clogged.
Oh, check the fuel line for cracks or leakage. If the lines are deteriorating at all, replace them. Fuel line is cheap.

Last edited:
homelite360

homelite360

ArboristSite Operative
sounds like there is an air leak somewheres in there. i am not sure with that model if it has one of those rubber carbuerator boots that connects the carb to the engine. my 360 did the same thing that your 240 is it would only run at full throttle and not idle. so if it does not have one of those boots check the gasket or jsut replace it to be on the safe side.

BillW

BillW

ArboristSite Operative
BTW No rubber throat on the 240...But their
ZAMA carbs have a serious wear problem on the throttle shaft, which causes a bad air leak. Not sure abt the carb body, but the shaft wears faster than any other saw I've seen. Fortunately they are not too expensive or difficult to relace.

Latest posts