homelite 350 pro carb work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

38racing

Reaction score
Hi, I am new here. I have someone's Homelite chain saw that I want to put a carb kit into. It will run on spayed in carb cleaner but won't draw fuel even from a loaded attached hose. I am stuck trying to remove carb. After removing mounting bolts I can't move it enough to disengage the throttle and choke rods. Can someone maybe point me to a thread or video somewhere that shows how to get the carb removed. Thanks

Aw come on its not that hard to get that carb out.
Its probably not drawing fuel due to a cracked impulse line or a old carb diaphram that is rigid and not moving.
It should have a Walbro carb model HDC (two different carbs on this model)
go here:
http://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/Homelite-Parts-Manuals-For-Chain-Saws/
You can get an IPL there. IPL = Illustrated Parts List. It shows parts breakdown of that 350 saw. Good luck

The carb should come out with some wiggling. I believe the choke rod first and then you can maneuver it to get the throttle linkage off. I would also look at the intake boot- they are a common problem on the 350,360 saw.

I recently did Homelite 35sl refresh and a package from Randy's chains parts which included everything you need. Google him if's not a sponsor here. I was very happy with the items and the price. Those are nice saws worth the trouble.

Lee

Latest posts

Back