Homelite 360 help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike mandry

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Ok, I picked up a halfway decent looking 360 at the flea market yesterday. (I need another saw like i need a hole in my head)

The guy said it "Ran great"

I picked it up & it fired in 3 pulls (cold)

It did not idle & ran erratic as hell. My first thought: the carb boot/connector.

It has a ton of compression & is missing a few bolts here & there, but overall looks good for a $20 saw

Can anyone tell me how to get the carb boot off ??

I have never owned, nor worked on a 360, but I couldnt pass it up for $20

Mike

Split the saw in half, take the tank, handle, carb mount completely off the motor basically.

Thanks, but "No thanks"
(No sarcasin intended)

Ive heard that the 330's are crappy saws.

I have a ton of XL-12's, SXL's SEZ's, even a few 925's. Poulan 25's & even some macs that I have gotten from the flea.

85 percent of them just ned a good teardown/cleaning & some tlc (sprocket, carb kit, fuel lines etc....)

Ive probably got 30 or 40 saws in the basement & shed. My wife thinks i'm nuts (I must be for having 40 saws)

But the way I see it, it keeps me out of trouble.

This fall I am going to start unloading them on ebay. Where else can you get $50 for a mini mac ??

Blown carb boot pretty common on those 360 / 350 basically same saw. Pretty easy to do remove the handles and the bolts around the case and fuel tank. Saw will split in half. Be careful of vacum line running from head up to carb they sometimes break. When you remove the old boot save the spring around the base. New boot should be around $15.00 on ebay or at dealer. Check out fuel line while you have the saw apart if it looks a little old change it now while saw is split. Good luck.

Take the carb. off the, bottom handle brace, the two screws that hold the intake flange off and the four isolator mount bolts. The saw will slide apart, watch the oiler line you will have to disconnect it. Be careful when you take the garter spring off the boot not to distort it as you may not be able to find another. I know where you can get a boot if you can't fine one. I would replace the inpulse line to the carb. also. Hope this helps.

Back