Homelite 55 WIZ

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found an old Intek chainsaw manual in the library once (4th Edition?) that had the Wiz in it. I was looking for info on our old Zip.

wiz 55

what kind of oil do you use for the gears? And this thing says on the side 1 pint 30 weight to a gallon of gas. Can I use two cycle oil and at what ratio?

wiz 55

They show asuper wiz, superwiz 55, wiz55 and a wiz. The first 3 are 4.71ci and the wiz at 4.3 ci. It does nt say to much about the wiz 55 cept that it was made till 68. It runs if i pour gas in the carb then it dies when that is gone. I took the carb off and the pump was hard as a rock. Sat to many years with old gas. I have a carb kit on the way. prob need to check the filter,points and some other things. I been looking at it all day and it just hit me, this saw did not come with a chain break. I guess this one will be just for look's.

Eric,

What color is that 55 Wiz? Green & Orange were the early colors, Blue is a 60's color.

BTW, if the lack of a chain brake is a surprise wait till you get it running & wear your thumb out pumping that manual oiler! :D :D

wiz 55

The manual oiler does seem stiff. I prob wont waste to much oil if it gives my thumb that much of a work out. It dont take to much to make my hands go numb now days.

Bill G, sorry about the link, It works on my computer. I read it wrong, last year supposed to be 1968

WIZ 55 and WIZ are listed between VI-955 and XL.

Latest posts

Back