Homelite 650/750 help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another piece of 750 info that I discovered (and some of you already know this i'm sure) is that the 750E is simply a 750 with a half wrap handle. I was sure it was more complicated than that, but that's it.

Hoss, one more little difference between the 750 and the 750E is the "E" had a throttle trigger safety installed on the rear handle. You've probably noticed a few of the rear handle rubber covers going through sleezebay in the past.... the one's with the slit are for the "E" .

Dan

Yes Lee, those with the adjustable oiler seem virtually non-existant. I remember the one you're referring too and its about the only one I ever noticed. Don't see these very often.

Dan

Well guys I did manage to track down a good used clutch cover for $25.00 shipped. Anyway I want to thank everyone who has tried to help me with this.

Keeping the Homelite 650/750 Thread Going.......

Hey everyone, Merry Christmas! Any news on 650/750's, or other Homelite muscle saws? I had the 750 going yesterday idling and running it a bit. Hoss, any new saws in your stable? Best, and stay safe this Christmas! Max.

Actually just finished the 650 up this afternoon. It was pretty good, but needed a few things. I put on a new clutch cover (without a hole over the clutch) with new 650 decal. I installed a new pair of the big west coast bucking spikes. I put on a new pull start handle. The muffler was loose and missing two machine screws, so I made sure it had all four screws installed with some loctite blue (just to make sure). I then added a new spark arrestor screen and louvers to the exhaust. I also cleaned up the original 24" homelite bar on a wire wheel and dressed the rails. After all that and a good cleaning it is ready to go and looks real mean. I couldn't run it in wood today, but it started right up and idles real smooth. It has real strong compression with a nice pop while idleing.

Ian,

Glad to hear you got her up and running. I am looking forward to the video.

Bill

Excellent. My 750 idles like a HD with a screaming eagle kit. I think it's got the "pop" you refer to in your post as well. I've picked up a few NOS parts for it including some HUGE dogs. May run to the farm tomorrow to finally put it in wood. Rain is melting the snow away, so it should happen. Max.

Hay Hoss, how does the 750 stack with the super 797?

in your opinion?

I am still waitiong to retrieve my super from jail, cause she was stolen.

Well that is hard to say as they are my favorite and second favorite saws. I have mainly run bars around 36" on them so far and at that length I would say the 750 has the edge, but I feel like as the bars and wood got bigger I think the 797 would begin to take charge. It has always been my opinion that the 797 is a noticeably stronger saw than the 125 Mac's. A 750 is pretty hard to beat when they are right as far as stock saws go in my opinion.

This thread is awesome

Hi Guys,

This thread is awesome for 650/750 owners. I have lots of them.
My 650 with the WB3 will outrun a 750 with a WB9. Its ugly but its mean.

Man I need to cut wood..............Think spring............J

Hi Guys,

This thread is awesome for 650/750 owners. I have lots of them.
My 650 with the WB3 will outrun a 750 with a WB9. Its ugly but its mean.

Man I need to cut wood..............Think spring............J

Yeah maybe, but a 750 with that same WB3 is a different story. I might know where there is one set up like that, no choke though dang it!:msp_smile:

Back