Homelite C5 ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superfire

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i was wondering what carb settings on this old girl. paid $50.00 for her with a
3' bar and 404 chain. would like too see if i can get her running. need a bath and a new spark plug and starte handle. what is the general view of this series of homelite good bad or inbetween . i hope to get her ruuning so i can see if i should put a better bar and chain on her. the bar is a croos bred piece of junk it is 10"s of a homelite bar 27"s of a mac hard nose bar:jawdrop: :dizzy:

Those C- series Homies are supposed to be real good saws! Let's see some pics man!

I've never owned one, but I've heard good things about the C series saws. If you're used to the modern conveniences of today's saws, you may be in for a surprise with that one, though.

As far as initial carb settings, I don't know on that particular saw but most of the big old homelites are either 1 or 1.25 turns or so on both needles. Those numbers may not be the "spec" numbers, but it'll get you in the ballpark. If I'm in doubt, I generally start a little rich on the idle needle and then lean it up a bit if need be.

i was wondering what carb settings on this old girl. paid $50.00 for her with a
3' bar and 404 chain. would like too see if i can get her running. need a bath and a new spark plug and starte handle. what is the general view of this series of homelite good bad or inbetween . i hope to get her ruuning so i can see if i should put a better bar and chain on her. the bar is a croos bred piece of junk it is 10"s of a homelite bar 27"s of a mac hard nose bar:jawdrop: :dizzy:

i will look this up and get back to you on it since i have all the IPLs plus i have to get going have to get to the post office to ship out some packages and one of them goes to a member in Canada that is a member on here at AS so i will talk later

calvin

I've been getting one going again. Have posted here a bunch regarding the old C-5. Had a difficult time finding someone to rebuild the Tillitson HL-141 carb, but finally found someone to do it. I put a 29" bar on her as I figured a 77 cc saw could pull that without an issue but the clutch is a weak point. It will cut but you can't bury the dogs into the log and bare down on it as you will get some slipping. It's good old saw and worth refurbishing. :greenchainsaw:

I have a C-51 and a C-72 is in the works...

C series Homelites are great saws... :clap:

Gary

gary i happen to have parts for the C series just letting you know

those boxes that was sent to me from new york was full of C parts

thanks
calvin

oh i was winning a bid on a homelite parts on ebay for $ 228.50 but someone went and uped the bid again now its over $ 275.00 so they can keep them who ever it was probily hawkins bros . or even randy

Last edited:
oh i was winning a bid on a homelite parts on ebay for $ 228.50 but someone went and uped the bid again now its over $ 275.00 so they can keep them who ever it was probily hawkins bros . or even randy

I have it on good authority that those parts will see $350-400 before its over.

Only the final bid is the winning one.

I guess not...

maybe someone could give me an idea of how to do this

Here, like this!

attachment.php

RBW, I appreciate the help.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. Imported the image from photobucket by copying the img file. maybe I should try to copy the html file? :givebeer:

Latest posts

Back